Privacy and Personal Data Policy
Privacy and Personal Data Policy
Trasylvania Hostel SRL, Strada Iuliu Maniu 26, Cluj-Napoca, Cluj, Romania asks for and collects some personal information about our guests. This information is necessary in order to adequately complete our contract with you, to allow us to comply with our legal obligations, and to provide the best possible experience to you as our guest. We also use if to keep track of the identity of the people in the hostel in the interest of the safety and security of our guests and staff.
We will never spam you or share your personal data with 3rd parties for the purpose of marketing.
What do we collect and why?
Romanian law 766/2001 requires each guest to complete a government-mandated check-in form upon arrival at the hostel using a valid form of identification. This law also requires the hostel team to verify all information that is submitted by personally reviewing that form of identification, and each guests’ name must be entered into the hostel’s reservation list.
The government-mandated form requires the following information to be provided by each guest and stored by the hostel for a period of five years after your checkout. It is the property of the Romanian Government and will be provided to police at their request:
• Surname and Given Name
• Date of Birth
• Place of Birth
• Current Address
• Purpose of Travel
• Date of Arrival
• Date of Departure
• Form of Identification Used
• Series of Identification Card
• Identification Card Number
Other informaiton may be submitted by you at the hostel or during the reservation process, depending on which channel you use to make your reservation. This information is needed in order to complete our contract with you:
Your name and contact details – We need this informaiton in order to complete our contract with you, confirm your booking, communicate with you about your reservation, and commnunicte with you in the case of an emergency.
Payment information – We need this information in order to issue the invoice and to secure your booking.
Date of birth – We use this information for security purposes, to ensure that all guests staying in shared dormitory accommodation are 18 years old, and that all minors staying in private accommodation are accompanied by adults.
Gender – We use this information for statistical purposes so that we can understand our business and provide the best service to all of our guests. While all of our dormitories are mixed-gender, some of our guests request single-sex accommodation, and when possible we can try to honor this request.
Nationality – We need this information in order to submit statistics to the Romanian government as required by law.
Photographs – Occasionally we will organize events in the hostel or out in the city, and it is possible that photographs may be taken to document the activity. If you have given us your explicit written consent, those photographs may be shared on our social media channels. (You are not required to give us your consent if you do not want your photo to be shared)
How is your data stored and shared?
The government-mandated check-in forms that each guest will fill out upon arrival are stored in a locked storage area that is only accessible by authorized members of staff. They are the property of the Romanian Government and will be shared with police at their request. They will be stored for a period of five years as required by law, and then shredded.
In order to process your reservation and complete our contract with you, some of your personal data will be entered into a Property Management System that is owned by FrontDesk Master Ltd, a GDPR-compliant 3rd party company located at 45 Greystoke Road, CB1 8DT Cambridge, United Kingdom. This information may include your name, contact information and dates of stay. It may also include gender and nationality information.
How is your data used for marketing?
We will not use your personal data for marketing purposes. We hate spam too.
Your personal data will not be sold or shared with any 3rd parties for marketing purposes.
What rights do you have regarding your data?
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
• The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this notice)
• The right to access the personal information we hold about you. (For this you would need to provide appropriate evidence of your identity)
• The right to correct or update any personal information that we have collected
• The right to remove or delete your personal information that we have collected, unless we are required by law to keep the information or it is still needed in order to complete our contract with you
• The right to restrict processing of your personal data, to ensure that it is not used for unwanted purposes
• The right to transfer your personal information to another party
• The right to object to the processing of your data. For example, you have the right to instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes (which we won’t do anyway)
• Additional rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling. The hostel does not use automated decision making or profiling so this is not relevent, but your rights remain intact nonetheless.
How to contact us?
If you would like to exercise your rights, issue a complaint, or you just have a few questions, please contact us by email: TransylvaniaHostel@yahoo.com